Suppliers and service providers
The Australian Centre for Wildlife Genomics has approximately 10 years’ experience in the analysis and identification of wildlife-strike samples from airports around Australia and South East Asia. Our extensive DNA reference database contains thousands of reference samples from wildlife strike cases along with samples from the Australian Museum’s bird and bat collection. The wildlife genetics unit staff are happy to answer any of your questions on sample collection or DNA-based species identification.
- Supply of wildlife-strike DNA collection kits for the aviation industry
- DNA-based species identification service.
Australian Centre for Wildlife Genomics
P: 02 9320 6488, 9320 6292
A: 1 William Street, Sydney NSW 2010
Industry leaders Avisure have been managing aviation hazards and wildlife strike risks for clients since 1997. Our clients, in Australia and around the world, include, but are not limited to, airports, civil and military; aircraft operators; government agencies such as regulators; and off-airport land users. Our tertiary-qualified team of specialists includes wildlife biologists, pilots, a wildlife veterinarian and environmental scientists experienced in the safety of airport operations. Our trained wildlife management technicians support these specialists in day-to-day wildlife hazard management. Avisure understands aviation, safety and environmental legislative requirements, meaning we can ensure a compliant and ethical approach to managing wildlife hazards.
- Assessment: compliance; operational risk management, wildlife hazard assessment; off-airport and development; expert witness; GIS analysis and mapping.
- Planning: wildlife hazard management; quality, safety and environment Management.
- Implementation: onsite aviation support; wildlife hazard management programs; wildlife hazard management training.
Since 2002, we have specialised in Airport Wildlife and Vegetation Management. We provide consulting and strategic project management throughout the entire lifecycle – from environmental and risk assessments, through to hazard and bird strike mitigation.
- Airport Wildlife Management Plans
- Bird Control, Netting and Prevention
- Wildlife Strike Mitigation, Risk Assessment and Management
- Lethal control airside of high risk bird species
- Bird Dispersal: Specialised Trained Dog Teams
- Airside Reporting Officer
- Risk assessments on and off airport
- Ecological assessments
- Vertebrate pest lethal control airside
IVM Group is a specialist vegetation management consultancy firm. We provide cutting-edge passive management techniques to help clients utilise proactive and sustainable management practices to make their airports as unattractive as possible to all wildlife, in an environmentally responsible way.
Managing grass airside helps to reduce wildlife strike risk, along with other secondary benefits, including:
- Reducing the cost and frequency of mowing
- Reducing FOD issues and management requirements
- Driving operational efficiency dividends.
The basis of our methodology is implementing IVM (Integrated Vegetation Management) strategies that represent a science-based approach to the enhancement of green space environments.
Our services include:
- Site-specific species survey & data analytics
- IVM program development & implementation
- Staff training & workshops
- Scientific site monitoring & reporting
- Digital food source monitoring
- Weed mapping
- Vegetation management plans
JASKO Airport Services provide a wide range of specialist airport and aviation services to aerodrome owners and operators, government agencies and industry consultants throughout Australia and the South Pacific region.
We specialise in aerodrome operations and support including technical and safety inspections, OLS surveys, compliance inspections, management relief services, wildlife hazard management, aerodrome supplies and equipment and aerodrome ARO/WSO training.
Our wildlife services are designed to meet the regulators requirements and are tailored to your aerodromes specific scale of operation and wildlife risks.
- Wildlife Hazard Management Plan.
- Wildlife Management Training (1-day Course).
- Wildlife Hazard Management Audit.
- Wildlife Risk Assessment.
- Off-airport Land-use Assessment (NASF Guideline).
- Habitat and Land-use Assessment (Vegetation Planting Guideline).
Operating since 2003, O.T.S. is a leading scientific consultancy specialising in aviation ornithology for an international client base. Our tertiary-qualified team includes specialist aviation ornithologists, zoologists, entomologists and a mechanical engineer, offering unparalleled expertise in wildlife hazard management and strike risk reduction.
O.T.S. draws on a wealth of bird and wildlife specific knowledge to provide client/airport tailored solutions ensuring compliance with national and international regulators, the EPBC Act and NASF guidelines.
- Wildlife Hazard Management Plan production, implementation, and auditing
- Integrated landside/airside development projects; risk assessment and mitigation
- Passive habitat and wildlife management including wetland (drainage) design and risk mitigation solutions
- Active management, including non-lethal methods
- Risk-based wildlife surveys and reporting
- Strike risk assessment/monitoring software
- Experimental design, data analysis and GIS mapping
- Staff training for aviation wildlife risk management
Who we are:
PGG Wrightson Turf is a subsidiary of PGG Wrightson Seeds Limited, part of the global DLF Group. PGW Turf, in conjunction with AgResearch, the Foundation for Arable Research (FAR) and Grasslanz Technology Limited, developed the world’s first wildlife and insect deterrent grass seed which is commercially available as AVANEX®. Over the past 10 years we’ve been involved in several airport re-grassing projects in Australia and other parts of the world.
As part of our product offering in the Australian market, we supply Flexterra High Performance-Flexible Growth Medium (HP-FGM), a hydraulically applied mulch that stabilises areas adjacent to runways during re-grassing to minimise risk of FOB (flying objects). Flexterra retains moisture and delivers a growing medium that improves establishment whilst retaining intimate bond with the soil surface, mitigating disturbance from jet blast.
Avanex grasses contain the AR601 and AR95 endophytes that produce high quantities of alkaloids that can reduce a number of insect pests while also being a deterrent to wildlife grazing. It has also been shown to help reduce bird populations through post digestion feedback. This is where birds that feed directly on the grass feel ill after feeding and learn to avoid the area.
Key products for insect, bird and wildlife management:
AVANEX® Lagertha Tall Fescue
- Excellent persistence without irrigation
- Contains AVANEX® AR601 Unique Endophyte Technology
- Reduced mowing frequency
AVANEX® Colosseum Perennial Ryegrass
- Reduced mowing frequency
- Contains AVANEX® AR95 Unique Endophyte Technology
- Fast germination
- Acts as a nurse-grass to warm-season grass establishment in northern regions
- The highest germination and growth establishment
- Greater than 99% erosion control effectiveness immediately upon application, thereby stabilising the area to minimise the risk of FOB
- 100% biodegradability and non-toxic