Suppliers and service providers
The Australian Museum Wildlife Genetics Unit has approximately 10 years’ experience in the analysis and identification of wildlife-strike samples from airports around Australia and South East Asia. Our extensive DNA reference database contains thousands of reference samples from wildlife strike cases along with samples from the Australian Museum’s bird and bat collection. The wildlife genetics unit staff are happy to answer any of your questions on sample collection or DNA-based species identification.
- Supply of wildlife-strike DNA collection kits for the aviation industry
- DNA-based species identification service.
Australian Museum Wildlife Genetics Unit
P: 02 9320 6488, 9320 6292
A: 6 College Street, Sydney NSW 2010
As industry leaders, Avisure has more than twenty-five years’ experience managing aviation hazards and wildlife strike risks around the world. Our clients include airports, aircraft operators, military, regulators, off-airport land users and various other members of the global aviation industry. Our tertiary-qualified team of specialists include wildlife biologists, pilot, a wildlife veterinarian and environmental scientists that are trained in airport safety and operations. Trained wildlife management technicians back our consultants. Avisure has a thorough understanding of aviation, safety and environmental legislative requirements to ensure a compliant and ethical management approach.
- Assessment: Compliance; Operational Risk Management, Wildlife Hazard Assessment; Off-Airport and Development; Expert Witness; GIS Analysis and Mapping.
- Planning: Wildlife Hazard Management; Quality, Safety and Environment Management.
- Implementation: Onsite aviation support; Wildlife Hazard Management Programs; Wildlife Hazard Management Training.
Since 2002, we have specialised in Airport Wildlife and Vegetation Management. We provide consulting and strategic project management throughout the entire lifecycle – from environmental and risk assessments, through to hazard and bird strike mitigation.
- Airport Wildlife Management Plans
- Bird Control, Netting and Prevention
- Wildlife Strike Mitigation, Risk Assessment and Management
- Lethal control airside of high risk bird species
- Bird Dispersal: Specialised Trained Dog Teams
- Airside Reporting Officer
- Risk assessments on and off airport
- Ecological assessments
- Vertebrate pest lethal control airside
- Ibis fly in / fly out counts